Today I’m going to be explaining the benefits of a super underrated beauty secret and give you some at home easy-to-do moisturizing masks.
As well as being extremely delicious, avocados are also amazing for your vanity… now that’s a win-win! They have high nutritional value and anyone and everyone who eats them regularly knows that they give your skin healthy natural glow.
One avocado contains over 20 vitamins and minerals, and you can literally get your daily supply of fiber, vitamin E and B vitamins in just one fruit. It also contains potassium and is a great source of fiber and folic acid, which is critical for any woman.
Now I know what you are thinking, so I’m just going to say it…yes, avocados are high in fat. An avocado can have about 21 grams, which in turn means about 230 calories each, and of course this depends on the size. But if you think about it, no one really eats a whole avocado and considering that half a chocolate-chip muffin is 400+ calories, even if they did eat a whole one it would still be far less calories that most other snack.
The oil from avocados are used in many beauty products worldwide because of their ability to enhance the skin and the hair. Here are a few recipes that you can try at home:
Avocado and Oatmeal Face-Mask
This is a great face-mask for people with dry skin. I promise, regular use of this at-home remedy will do wonders for your face! Also don’t feel limed to just the face, apply it on your hands, arms, legs, anywhere really, as a natural moisturizer.
All you need is:
- ½ Ripe avocado
- ½ Cup of cooked oatmeal
So, start off by cooking and cooling the oatmeal as instructed on the package. Once the oatmeal is cooled mash in the avocado with a fork to combine the two ingredients together. Apply the paste to your skin and after 10 – 15 minutes wash it off with lukewarm water.
Avocado and Olive Oil Hair-Mask
Everyone knows that olive oil is amazing for hydrating hair. It has nourishes, conditions, and improves the strength and elasticity so mixing it with avocado is just multiplying the moisture.
All you need is:
- ½ Ripe avocado
- ½ Cup olive oil
Heat up the olive oil in a bowl until it is just warm. Take the avocado and blend it into the heated olive oil until you form a smooth paste. Apply the paste to you hair and leave in for 20 minutes before washing regularly.
Try these easy at-home-mask recipes and let me know what you think!
And if you’re interested, check out these other crazy benefits of this righteous fruit:
- The avocado is considered to be a natural mouthwash and can take away your bad breath.
- Blood pressure can be regulated because of the potassium and folate content.
- Your cholesterol can be controlled because of the oleic and linoleic acids in the avocado, which can reduce the ‘bad’ cholesterol and raise the “good’.
- With its high folate content, pregnant women will get the amount of folic acid they need for a healthy fetal development.
- Also, the vitamin B6 in the fruit can help relieve morning sickness if you are pregnant.
- The antioxidant content can help your immune system become stronger and neutralize the free radicals that may cause poor eyesight.
- The potassium content helps to balance your electrolytes for healthier nerves and muscles.
- The oil can help soothe the skin condition known as psoriasis.
- The avocado can help soothe the stomach lining if you suffer from a duodenal ulcer because of its bland texture.